Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thurs. the new Friday, July 3rd and 4th

Thursday is my new Friday. During the summer months we work 4 tens. Long days, but three day week ends are always worth it. Today is most people's Friday because of the Forth being on Sat. this year.

Tomorrow, July 3rd, we will be gathering at our house for hamburgers and swimming. At dusk we will go to watch the local firework displays. Kenzie and Khi got new red, white and blue t-shirts which is a tradition at our house. I love to take pics and make patriotic scrapbook layouts. This will be Pearl's first July 4th celebration. Hope she is not afraid of the noise. Our big Australian Sheppard, Beau is terrified of fireworks and thunder. I always feel so sorry for him on July 4th. He is now about 15 years old and his health is failing. So sad.

Speaking of scrapbook layouts, Janice (AKA Thelma, BFF) and I are going to a scrapbook store in San Antonio (about 2 1/2 hours away) to a July 4th Crop. It begins at 9:00am and goes till 12:00am. Plus everything in the store is 30% the entire time. WooHoo!! We will have a ball. We will be staying over night at the Comfort Inn. We have been going over there for years now. They have the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. The scrapbook store we are going to is called Scrapbook 911. It is so cute. All the employees wear scrubs and everything is related to that theme. Can't wait. All I can say is SHOTGUN. Whenever Janice emails or texts me with an idea of going somewhere I respond with SHOTGUN (like when we were kids and we would call shotgun to sit in the front passenger seat)! I am always ready to go anywhere. I love being 58 yrs old, have raised my kids, husband is self sufficient and I can drop and run anytime. On the road again...

Hope everyone has a great Fourth! Sindee

1 comment:

  1. I'm shocked that y'all didn't take a picture of the scorpion that stung you for a page!!!

    ReplyDelete