Monday, March 23, 2009

58th Birthday

Janice (my BFF) and Stephanie (my oldest daughter) took me out for a girl's night last Wed. for my 58th Birthday. They took me to Habanas in Austin. It's Cuban and I love it. Really, the best part of the meal is the Tres Leches. If you have never had Tres Leches you do not know what you are missing! Habanas is famous for their Tres Leches. I eat it every time I get the chance...which is not offend enough.
You can see how we fought over the very last crumb!! I felt like a pup around a food bowl with all the growling and gnashing of forks.


My birthday had to be the same time as South X Southwest Music Festival in Austin and Habanas has to be on Sixth Street in Austin. OMG!! The sights we saw. My eyes, my eyes!!!! There was no where to park and people were everywhere. We were in and out as quickly as possible. And people pay hundreds of dollars to go downtown and attend all this madness. I know I am old... The only time I went was when Sam Elliott was at the premier of his new movie a couple of years ago. I was sitting in the role right behind him...OMG!

No comments:

Post a Comment