Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter, Pearl, Deadliest Catch and Scrapbook Retreat

Easter morning and the grand kids are looking to see what the Easter Bunny brought them. We had a great Easter. Everyone was home. The kids, grand kids, son in law and even boy friend. Miguel and Carol came over (next door neighbors/might as well be family) and the Nutts (BFF and family) were coming but received a family invitation and plans had to chance. Lunch was wonderful, if I do say so myself, and the day was spend visiting and relaxing.


After lunch we sat out in the yard under the shade tree and laughed and watched Steve and Shane (Courtney's boy friend and great guy) work on Lance's car...might be red neck...while Lance had to go to work. They are making head way but I still have the Sanford and Son theme going on in the front drive way.
If anyone knows me very well you know that I longed to have an English Bull dog. Well, welcome Pearl to the family!! Courtney has a student at the gym whose mother owns a French Bull dog and bred her with an English Bull dog. The puppies came out looking like English Bull dogs and costing a fraction of the price of a registered English Bull dog, which made it affordable to us. Steve told me to go look at her and if I wanted her he would get her for me. Well, I couldn't leave without her. She has so much personality and she is calm and loving. She is just the right fit. She goes to bed in her crate at 9:30ish and sleeps till 6:30 or 7:00 in the morning. WooHoo! I wasn't looking forward to the puppy night crying. When I went to let her out this morning she was asleep, but very glad to see me when I woke her up to go outside. She is just a little squishey butterball. Why the name Pearl you ask. The ship I am sailing on to Alaska is the Pearl and she is white like a little pearl.
She has a little spot of brindle above her tail and the daughters of the lady I got her from call it her "tramp stamp"...LOL!! It was hard to leave her and come to work today.

Deadliest Catch Season 5 begins tonight!!! The Glenns will all be glued to the TV at 8:00 central time!! It's been a long wait since Season 4 ended last year. This season is suppose to be really exciting too! Eweeee.
Thelma and Louise ride again! This week end is our spring Scrapbooking Retreat. We are so looking forward to it. It's a lot of work to get ready for, but once we are there it's the best. We have some great things for the girls this time and it should be not stop fun! The food is just to die for and the round the clock scrapping and the sitting on the porch at sunset...no alarm clocks, no life suckers, being waited on and pampered...you can see why we look forward to hosting our retreats every three months.

I'll try to keep up better in the future. Got a little side tracked between this and the last entry. Some people even ask me if something was wrong with my blog...No, just the blogger!









No comments:

Post a Comment