Thursday, April 30, 2009

NOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!!

The Swine Flu is spreading across the world at an alarming rate. Schools are closing and life is very uncertain right now. OK, this is happening too close to my cruise. SCARY! If they suspend flight service or block borders it is going to be a crushing blow. Yes, I get the bigger scope of things, but I, along with two co workers (one going to Hawaii and the other to Alaska also) will be throwing the biggest pitty party you ever saw. It just dawned on me this morning that this could become a reality. NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo!!! Not my trip that I have planned for over a year now, scraped every penny, done without and looked forward to....:( Let's just hope it won't come to that. My mind is racing with all the possibilities. Too many people in one place...a ship...Alaska not wanting us Texans to bring it up there...and on and on. JUST BREATH! as my co worker Amanda always tells me...Just Breath. I will have to take it one day at a time. Maybe I will call my travel agent for a reassuring word. What if it's not a reassuring word? What if my worst fear is confirmed? Just Breath... Think I will make that call now.

More later,
Sindee

3 comments:

  1. Deep breath! I don't think AK would close its borders or turn away tourism $$$...ever...flu is flu, we'll get it in AK regardless just because of our transient populations in the fishing industry. Canada on the other hand...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alena, thanks for the reassuring words! Couldn't reach my travel agent, go figure. Probably getting lots of calls. Hope SP is feeling better. He has had a run of being sick...poor little thing. My granddaughter is so much better since she had her adanoids out and a new set of tubes put in. She still has bad allergies (duh, we live in central Texas) but no ear or throat infections. Hopefully SP will get back on his feet and stay there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn, wouldn't that be a shame!! LOL J/K!

    ReplyDelete