Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Breathing Easier

OK, I am breathing a little easier about my cruise...Thanks Alena, your words helped. Others helped to calm my fears also. It's exactly one month till we fly out of Houston to Seattle. We will get into Seattle at 10:15 am and have the rest of the day and the next day till about 2:00 to see the sights. We want to see all the traditional sights that tourist go there to see. Pike's Market (where they throw fish), the Needle, etc.

Yesterday after taking Kenzie to her post-op appointment at the doctor, we shopped in Austin for a while. I found some pants and tops on sale at Dress Barn. Luckily I am looking for cool weather clothes while everyone else is looking for extremely hot weather clothes. It is already very hot and muggy in central Texas, so there are some great deals out there. I am consumed with what clothes and shoes to take. I know it's crazy. Just take comfortable clothes that I can layer. But for a clothes horse like me it's not that simple. You know "big" girls have to try harder. It's all about putting an outfit together and the right shoes and accessories. I know, just get over it...wish I could. What to wear on the plane, what to wear on each of the shore excursions, what to wear on the deck in Glacier Bay (probably will be the coldest time of the cruise), what to wear in the evenings on the ship...make it stop!!

Did y'all see Deadliest Catch last night? Oh my, testosterone was a'flying. Hope fishing gets better before someone gets hurt. Next week's preview looks like even more of the same. Uh oh. This could get ugly. There were a lot of new quotes born last night...lol!

Another hump day, have a good one!
Sindee

3 comments:

  1. I did watch THAT Show lol...I stayed up until midnight even! Saw our co-worker's brother on the Lisa Marie. Kinda cool. It's AK nobody cares what you wear. But if they're like us we chuckle at the very fancy clothes! The folks in SE AK are probably much more used to tourists than us way out here in the Bering Sea!
    Just relax, enjoy and take pics, that's what's important :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, CD. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sindee! Half the time I am better. It's going to take a couple months still.

    ReplyDelete