Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day, 25 more days

Hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day. You know what Zelda says...


Just love me some Zelda! Yesterday was spent doing laundry, watching the Deadliest Catch Mother's Day Marathon, going to the Home Depot for a new shower head, etc. Just another typical day in the suburbs. It's the sameness that makes the special times special ~ Olivia Walton. I have had enough of the sameness of the day to day dogma and am ready for special times...25 more days!!! till I am off on my adventure. I began packing things into my hugh Zebra suitcase yesterday. You know the kinda things I will need for the cool climate of the trip, but couldn't wear here in Texas right now if I wanted too. I am using the military style of packing. Neatly rolling everything to reduce wrinkling. Shoes and rain boots at the bottom (when it is standing up right). Carefully checking everything off my list and thinking about how I can make an outfit with each piece (nothing fancy, just casual and comfortable). I am still hoping to blog while on the ship. I believe for about $50 you can buy 100 minutes. I know how much my grand kids will love to read my blog and see pics of Nani in Alaska, etc. I justify the charge for the minutes by telling myself how educational it will be for Kenzie and Khi. Mekhi has already had a small melt down over me going. He is 4...well, here he is...
and he doesn't quite get the concept of me going on the big ship. We were watching a special on the Travel Chanel and I said that's the ship Nani is going to Alaska on. He said NO! I don't want you to go! Then went to his mommy and said, I don't want my Nani to go on that big ship. I want her here. Hopefully I won't traumatize him with pics of me so far away. I think he will be excited to see everything in Alaska, though. Mackenzie, who is 8 going on 18, is just ticked because she isn't going...lol! We are hopefully going to take them on a Disney cruise next summer. Oh no, another year of scrimping and saving...but it is so worth it in the long run.
Happy Monday,
Sindee

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna have to remind Khi of the big ship and see what he says! LOL

    ReplyDelete