Thursday, February 19, 2009

DARK CHOCOLATE




Reading "The True Unalaska" this morning and pondering chocolate as a whole food I remembered our trip to Dylan's Candy Bar in the Galleria. Dylan is Ralph Lauren's daughter and owner of five very distintive candy stores. There is one in New York, East Hampton (funny I didn't see it when I summered at the Hamptons last summer...lol), Garden City, Houston and Orlando. So whenever we go to Houston and are anywhere near the Galleria we go to Dylan's. The store and the candy are unbelieveable!!


My fav is the DARK CHOCOLATE COVERED EXPRESSO BEANS...to die for. I also love the DARK covered pecans (pronounced pacons in Texas, not peecans like in the deep south), brownie bites (tiny pieces of brownie covered in choc), well...pretty much anything covered in DARK chocolate is my fav. (She says drooling) I have become a Chocolate Snobb. I didn't mean too, but if it's not DARK it just isn't as appealing to me anymore. Besides doctors say DARK is better for you, can cure cancer, clear up pimples, help you lose weight...maybe I took a few liberties...

Check this out...

Dylan's Clodhoppers...couldn't you just dive in and eat your way out??? Excuse me, I'm now taking a coffee and candy break...

2 comments:

  1. AMEN to that! I got the dark choc covered almonds and dark choc covered oreos! OMG!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...I'm sooo going to buy some Dylan's chocolate! (I have a b-day party coming up, my middle guy happens to be a Dylan!
    I may have to sample a couple other things too...

    ReplyDelete