Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's, Alaska Cruise meeting, cheer comp.

These are the mice we made for Kenzie and Mekhi's classes for Valentine's Day parties. They are so cute and very easy. The kids always love them.


Friday afternoon we left for Bellville where I would attend a meeting about my cruise to Alaska with my two BFFs who are going with me and then on to Houston for Kenzie to compete in a National Cheer Competition.


We met up with Jackie and Betty for dinner at a wonderful Mexican Food place in Bellville. Yummy! After that we went to the meeting. A representative of NCL began by showing us a short little video and then began to talk about the cruise. She was not very inspiring or exciting. Didn't take long to figure out that she was not all that knowledgeable. Since she has been doing this for years you would expect her to know what she was talking about. The travel agents who are planning this group excursion were a little more helpful. Finally I saw an opening in her talk and began to ask all the questions I had written down and the meeting took on a different tone. Betty, Jackie and I were laughing amongst ourselves and concluded, by the others that were there, that there would not be much group interaction. We are fun gals and will be off on our own recking havic...in a good way. After my questions had been answered suffiently, we were off to Houston.

We stayed at the Hotel Indigo accross from the Galleria. What a fun hotel. If ever in Houston, try to stay there. You won't be dissappointed. Here's a pic.





The first day (Sat.) of Nationals Comp was prelims. The girls performed better than they ever had and we thought they were probably in about 5th place. There were some really good squads there. After prelims we went for a bite to eat and then to Harwin Street. Harwin St. is a street of shops in Houston where you can buy anything and everything for a GREAT price. Import shops galore. I have a wholesale license and shop there whenever I get a chance because my price is even cheaper. I spent wayyyy to much money. I did get a new set of luggage (which I desperatly needed) for my cruise...Zebra with red piping, new purses and lots of chunky jewelry in turquoise and bling. Love it!

While shopping Courtney (my daughter who's gym Kenzie cheers for) called us crying and said the girls were in 2nd place by only .005 point! OMG!! We were so excited. These have only been cheering together for 1 year and only 4 had ever cheered before or competed. That is just unbelievable! The girls nevers got a little shakey in finals on Sunday and we had a couple of bobbles. The first place team did the same, but the third place team held it together. The third place team won and we got third. We were still so proud of the girls for coming this far in one year!! They got medals and were proud of themselves. Now it is back in the gym to learn more skills before competition season begins again next Oct. Now that our first year is over and we have proved ourselves to be a quality gym we will be gettin many new girls for try outs in March. Here is a pic of Kenzie flying in her basket toss...

Tutaloo for now.

1 comment:

  1. Sindee wow what a different world you live in! I love it. What do you need to know about the cruise? Wear fleece and bring money! What else is there? :)
    The mice are adorable, I may have to try those --if the kids ask me to bake for parties anymore :( Maybe they're trying to help with the big fitness contest!?

    ReplyDelete