Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Shore Excursions in Alaska

Jackie, Betty and I booked our shore excursions this morning. I actually already had a couple of mine booked, but we nailed the remaining ports down. There are litterially so many to choose from that it makes the decisions difficult. Here is what I decided on:


In Juneau I am going on a 4 hour photography tour. Hope I get that new camera before I leave!! We are suppose to see Beaver Dams, Eagles, possibly Bears (on my), etc.







In Skagway we will take a Trolly tour in the morning and learn the origin of the town, etc. and then...






The White Pass Railway in the afternoon. Everyone says this is not to be missed.





In Ketchikan I am going out on the Aleutian Ballad Crab boat. She was on Deadiest Catch before becoming a tourist attraction. She has gotten great reviews!









One of our last tours will be in Victoria British Coloumbia where we will tour the town and Craigdarroch Castle...hope it's haunted!



When we return to Seattle we hopefully will be able to take the under ground tour and see anything we missed the first day and a half we were here before boarding the Pearl. Of course I want to see Fisherman's Terminal and hopefully see any Crab Boats that are docked...Northwestern, Erla N, etc. I would love to visit the Lockspot, etc. OMG, how am I going to contain myself till June??? Oh, maybe by working...naw! It really is a challenge to keep my mind off the cruise and Alaska. Especially when I go on "Just a Mom in Unalaska" and "Dutch Harbor Dirt" blogs. Thanks Mel and CB!! I really do enjoy hearing about life in Alaska and seeing the beautiful pics they post. Alaska must be the most beautiful place in the world...

3 comments:

  1. I hope that castle IS haunted and scares the pee out of you since I'll be sitting at home!!! I think Ghost Hunters did an investigations of the underground stuff in Seattle, it's suppose to be haunted too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right psycho! I watched it. It was good. Why do you think I want to go down there...lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go on that railroad and check out Skagway too! I even go to SE AK every year and haven't bothered to see any of the things you're going to see! I'll be in JNU at the end of March...I'll see a hotel and the downtown area and the capitol building, that's it. Reading your post made me think I should take more advantage of being here and see some more of AK. Thanks Sindee..maybe we'll do a ferry trip beyond Wrangell- Petersburg this summer!
    You will have to come out this way sometime. It's so far from there it takes 2 days to get from here to there (3 if you're me and get stuck in ANC and JNU enroute with 3 kids last summer LOL) It's very different...I could go on and on comparing South East to Kodiak to Unalaska.

    ReplyDelete