Thursday, February 26, 2009

Poor Poopsi

This is a pic of Kenzie (Poopsi) and my son Lance (21 yrs old). He is a great uncle. He took Kenzie to the Father Daughter Valentine Dance at school since her father isn't in the "picture". When the dance came up, Kenzie asked me, "Well who will take me since my dad doesn't even come to see me?". I held it together till I was away from her, then I started to bawl. When I told Steph, she cried and told Aunt Courtney and the guys at the gym and they all started crying and saying, "I will take her, we will all take her!" When I told Lance he said, "I am going to take her." and he did. What a guy. This isn't why I said Poor Poopsi...she is very blessed to have so many people in her life that love her. This pic just reminded me of the story.

The reason I said Poor Poopsi is because she is having her adenoids out and new set of tubes put in her ears in the morning. It's really more poor Nani and poor Mommy. We are trying to remain calm. It's minor day surgery. Oh no, minor surgery is what happens to other people's children! She will still have to go under and get her little throat cut on. I will be fine till the nurse takes her back and then the irrationally scrared grandmother will take over till they bring her back out. And yes she will get the princess pampering plan. Steph will be going by Build a Bear today to get Pixie (Kenzie's pink poodle) a "Scrubs" outfit. She has to be appropriately dressed while accompaning Kenzie into the operating room...there's those words again...operating room!
Breathe, just breathe...

1 comment:

  1. Why did you have to say the words "operating room"... now I'm trying to breathe!!!

    ReplyDelete