Thursday, June 18, 2009

DAY 3 of ALASKA CRUISE

Monday, and today we sail all day. Woke up at 8:00am (10:00 Texas time). This is what I saw from my balcony. We are sailing up the Inside Passage to Juneau which will be our first port of call. I dressed and went to the "Great Outdoors" for coffee and the scenery. They call it the Great Outdoors Bar, but it's really a great place to eat or just sit and watch the Inside Passage go by. It also has a great buffet. French toast is my favorite breakfast, but there is anything your heart desires. So much food your head spins trying to take it all in. This could be a very dangerous trip.
Another great find was the Cappicino Machine. Cappacicino, Latte and Expresso. So good in the morning for a wake me up or in the evening with dessert. Um!























Views from the ship. The pics don't do it justice. It was so amazing. It was overcast, but still beautiful. I was able to watch Dolphins playing in the wake of the boat, but didn't go back to my room to get my camera. I was certain they would be gone by the time I returned...I was right. The rest of the day was spent exploring the ship (my it's a big place, don't think I ever saw it all) and taking in the views. Alaska is truely breath taking. I know I am going to sound like a broken record by the time I am done, but it is truely the most beautiful place I have ever seen. You could hear ewe, ahhh, ohhh from the ship all the time. We were like kids in a candy store.


Till tomorrow (Day 4), Sindee




No comments:

Post a Comment