Tuesday, June 9, 2009

TUESDAY MORNING

It is now 9:15am on the ship. We went through another time zone last night and turned our watches back another hour. I can not believe I have not felt even one moment of being sea sick. It is so wonderful. The captain said this is the calmest he has ever seen these waters. It is almost like glass out there. OMG!! This place is beautiful. I have taken pics from our balcony and from my favorite place on the ship, the Great Outdoors. It's on the AFT (tail end) of the ship and supports panoramic views you wouldn't believe. Yesterday morning I stood out there and watched dolphins playing in the wake. It also serves amazing food. Jackie and I have walked the entire ship from Stem to Sterm and let me tell you it's a BIG Ship! Of course to see everything you have to walk all 14 decks from front to back. It is a truly beautifully decorated ship. Last night was Lobster night and it was delicious. We had a fun day yesterday doing things on the ship, taking a nap (I never do that at home, by the ship is so relaxing and mellow), saw a show, meet new friends (several for me, the social butterfly). I could go on and on. Today we dock in Juneau at 2:00 and I have to meet for my first shore excursion at 2:30. I am going on the Juneau Photography tour. We will take a bus and then walk on a glacier, and into the wilderness. We are suppose to see eagles, beavers, beaver dams, possibly bears (not too comfortable with that), maybe whales, seals, etc. Betty and Jackie are taking the Mt. Roberts Tram. Up top 10,000ft there are some really great shops and Jackie promised to bring me down some SCRAPBOOKING supplies. We were told that is the best place to get them. When I am done with the photo tour Jackie and I are going into Juneau to shop. We must be back on the ship by 9:30 and believe you me I won't be cutting that close...lol!! I miss everyone terribly, but am having the adventure of a lifetime.

More tomorrow, ALASKAN LOUISE (AKA Sindee)

1 comment:

  1. Sooo jealous!! Sounds like you're having a great time Mom!! I'm keeping dad fed and happy and picked Kenz up from LG yesterday... we went by TCC and toured Arthur's gym and got lots of hugs from everyone and all the girls begging Kenz to come back! Have fun in Juneau!

    ReplyDelete