Monday, June 8, 2009

MONDAY MORNING

It's Monday morning and this will be our first full day at sea. We boarded about 11:00am yesterday and had lunch while we waited for our rooms to be ready. The food is wonderful and you will never go hungry!! I have felt no motion sickness yet, although Jackie has. I can feel the gentle rocking of the ship as I sit here typing. I slept like a baby last night and Jackie and Betty are still sleeping. I won't be using my phone because AT&T doesn't have many towers in Alaska and if your phone reverts to the ship's tower it cost $2.50 a minute. The scenery leaving Seattle yesterday was beautiful. When we left it was comfortable on deck with just shirt sleeves, it rapidly got cold and blustery...LOVE IT!!!

Speaking of Seattle, I can now reveal the mystery person I was meeting for lunch. It turned out to be two people. It was Angela and Matt Bradly. They are the nicest people you would ever want to meet. Under Matt's rough, fisherman exterior beats a heart of gold and Angela is beautiful, sweet and gracious. When ever Betty (who has knee surgery) would enter or exit the tricked out Tahoe Matt would make sure she didn't need help. He would hold her purse for her and was so attentive to all of us. They picked us up at our hotel and spent the entire afternoon with us. Mind you my two friends have never watch even one episode of Deadliest Catch. While driving to the LOCKSPOT for lunch, Matt took us by many land marks. (They had just been at a Make a Wish event.) As we were driving and talking I mentioned that my daughter (Dutch) was having a fit because she couldn't be with us. Matt said get her on the phone and I will talk to her. He told her that her mother had paid him $5 to say he is Matt Bradly...lol! He is very funny. He talked to her for sometime and then he drove through an old chain link gate and down a gravel road and right before me I say the NORTHWESTERN sitting at the dock. Well, I kinda squealed and Steph said she heard me over the phone. Matt planned to surprise us that way. We had a wonderful lunch at the lock spot and actually sat at the table that all the captains had been around for After the Catch. OMG! Then Matt and Angela drove back to the pier where the Beautiful Northwestern was and we took pics and had a blast. They also took us to the Sea Star and showed us the Fisherman's Memorial. They were such gracious host. Whenever a fan would notice Matt he would very willingly sign autographs and take pics. Oh, and my friends that have never watched even one episode of DC, can't wait to see and episode and I am sure they will be fans for life. Sunday morning Angela texted me and wished us a good trip and said to call her when we docked next Sunday. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting her and know that we are fast friends now for life.

Darn, I can't upload pics to blogger here, but will share them when I get home.

Gotta go, the captain said there are Dolphins off the port side...more later, Sindee

2 comments:

  1. I've been sitting here wondering all freakin day if you were getting sick... thanks for the email MOM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! What fun! Keep the posts coming, it's fun to hear what you're doing in AK. LOL we're in Seattle, kind of backward or something??

    ReplyDelete